Yemen: Tweets And Reports Will Not Feed The Children
By Alistair Reign. January 17, 2016. Alistair Reign News Blog.
The United Nations World Food Programme has stressed in a news release. appeals to all parties to the conflict to allow the safe passage of food to all civilians in need in all areas in Taiz,” said Muhannad Hadi, WFP Regional Director for the Middle East, North Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
In many areas of Yemen, devastated by conflict, ongoing insecurity hampers WFP’s efforts to get food to the people in need.
Taiz is one of 10 governorates – out of Yemen’s 22 governorates – that are in the grip of severe food insecurity at ‘Emergency’ level – one step below famine on the five-point Integrated Food Security Phase Classification scale.
An estimated 7.6 million people in Yemen do not have enough food to lead a healthy life, have lost their livelihoods and are facing life-threatening rates of acute malnutrition.
The conflict since late March 2015 has worsened Yemen’s already poor food security situation, adding more than 3 million people to the ranks of the hungry in less than a year. 
Last month, the UN Security Council voiced “deep concern about the dire humanitarian situation in Yemen, which continues to worsen,” stressing that more than 80 per cent of its 21 million people require some form of humanitarian aid. 
The World Health Organization (WHO) has delivered more than 100 tonnes of medicines and medical supplies for more than one million beneficiaries in 8 districts of Taiz governorate, where more than 3 million people, including 392,000 internally displaced persons, are in dire need of humanitarian assistance.
“The health situation in Taiz has increasingly deteriorated. Shortages in health staff, medicines and fuel, as well as limited access by the humanitarian community due to the insecurity, have caused many health facilities in the governorate to shut down,” said WHO Representative in Yemen Dr Ahmed Shadoul.
“We are calling on all parties to guarantee unrestricted, long term delivery of humanitarian aid and unconditional movement of health workers.”
WHO is negotiating with all parties to the conflict and advocating for unconditional access of medicines and supplies to these three districts, where 400 000 people are in critical need of humanitarian assistance.
“WHO is deeply concerned about the continuous lack of humanitarian access to Taiz City, depriving people from basic health care and violating their essential human rights. WHO re-emphasizes the crucial need for uninterrupted delivery of health services and calls upon all concerned parties to respect the basic rights of all Yemenis to access health care services,” said Dr Shadoul. 
Please help save a child’s life, it only takes a few minutes, a few dollars, and one child can live another day.
#YemenNeglected #yemenbleeds #cdnpoli
Please help save the children in Yemen. They are dying, not from famine – from siege of their country. pic.twitter.com/RVuHB4a5Xq
— Alistair Reign (Ali) (@AlistairReign) April 17, 2017
The Mona Relief Charity Organization is making a difference, and they are reaching the Yemeni families literally dying without the food delivered by their brave staff and volunteers. Donations can be made on their website or at our Go Fund Me Campaign.
Please donate today and Save A Life In Yemen.
Please send inquiries and permission to re-blog this article to Alistair.Reign@Gmail.com, thank you.
Watch rare films and TV series in our Documentaries section.
Start a Conversation or Write a Caption This joke.